The Lead Agronomist heads up our field teams to execute the fulfillment of growing facilities, as well as being our customer liaison for agronomic support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing Standard Operating Procedures as outlined by senior management.
- Regularly visit and consult on Farming Partner’s crops.
- Studying plants and soil, on site, in order to assess and consistently improve planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques and improve crop yield.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, pest or other changes.
- Assisting with the future plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding internal fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to senior management and field partners.
- Demonstrating Standard Operating Procedures through educational presentations and workshops.
- Managing two to four direct reports, including, but not limited to Head Grower, Assistant Grower, Laborer.
- Assist, as needed, in irrigating, pruning, moving, harvesting, and processing within the USAL hemp greenhouse and field operations.
- Excellent Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
- Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Health, or a closely related field.
- A flexible work schedule
- Willingness to live and work from Caswell County, NC